Thursday 4 November 2010

Felt Mistress Selfridges Christmas Window


If you follow me on Twitter or know me on Facebook you've probably seen me go on and on and on about the Felt Mistress window that Louise and I have got at Selfridges' Oxford Street store in London. It's a dream come true so just humour me for a tiny bit longer!

Selfridges theme this Christmas is play and we were delighted to be asked to contribute a dolls house window design to run over the course of their Christmas campaign. We produced a sketch of exactly the type of dolls house that we'd like our characters to inhabit and once it was approved we just ran with it. My illustration was printed onto MDF and the house was constructed by their excellent prop team. Louise made all the characters beautifully and I designed loads of accessories for the interior. We wanted it to be full of funny little details that you perhaps wouldn't notice at first glance. Not everything was produced so I've posted them here ( I'm particularly proud of the Eggheads team shot!) along with the original visuals.

To see how it turned out click HERE.












3 comments:

Shane said...

BRILLIANT!! As always.. Seeing the window display has given me a tingle christmas feeling... lovely!

Jonathan Edwards said...

Thanks, Shane! It was great fun. Wish we could do it every year.

Leeanna Butcher said...

absolutely amazing work! Congrats to you both. :D
Seriously fantastic.